Data Entry Specialist
Job ID: 2001
Primary Location: 3800 Hopper Road, Houston, Texas
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Data Entry Specialist will be responsible for providing detailed and task-oriented support to the LMS R&D team. Will perform standard data entry work and ensure efficient day to day operations within the assigned tasks. Maintain database by entering new and updated customer and account information along with preparing source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
2. Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
3. Establishes entry priorities.
4. Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies.
5. Resolves deficiencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
6. Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
7. Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
8. Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data.
9. Combines data from both systems when account information is incomplete.
10. Purges files to eliminate duplication of data.
11. Test’s customer and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data.
12. Secures information by completing data base backups.
13. Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
14. Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
15. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Proficient in the use of computers and related software for word processing, spread sheets, and database management, Specific software experience in Windows and Microsoft Office
College level oral and written communication skills are essential
Demonstrated soft skills necessary for office management
Ability to handle confidential information
Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
Attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with overlapping timeframes and deadlines
Ability to use and learn new software products
Ability to abide by confidentiality protocols.
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light item, such as papers, books, or small parts, or driving and automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
High School Diploma or GED and at least 1 year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Associate degree and or 3+ years of experience
Hiring Salary range is $16,640 - $23,920.
LMS Research & Development provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time and part-time positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from LMS Research & Development, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
If the position was full time or part time
If the position was paid or unpaid
Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the LMS Research & Development job description should be included in the resume submitted.
HOW TO APPLY
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, mail, or hand delivered.
Email LMSCareers@lmsgrouptx.com for serious inquiries only along with a resume. The email should contain your First name, Last name, Telephone number, Email address, and job id number which is listed on the top of the Job description form.
Once received within, 12-48 hours you will receive an online application for the position you are applying for. If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.