Customer Service Representative
Job ID: 2002
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Primary Location: 3800 Hopper Road, Houston, Texas
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for providing detailed and task-oriented support to the LMS Insurance team. Will perform standard front-facing duties such as interacting with customers over the phone, in person, and or by email and social media. Throughout all these interactions Customer Service Representatives must maintain a high level of professionalism and present the organization in the best light possible. Each interaction affects the company’s bottom line in either a positive or negative way, so a great Customer Service Representative must add value to the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Serves customers by providing product and service information and resolving product and service problems.
2. Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions and suggesting information about other products and services.
3. Opens customer accounts by recording account information.
4. Maintains customer records by updating account information.
5. Resolve’s product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
6. Maintains financial accounts by processing customer adjustments.
7. Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
8. Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
9. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Proficient in the use of computers and related software for word processing, spread sheets, and database management, Specific software experience in Windows and Microsoft Office
College level oral and written communication skills are essential
Demonstrated soft skills necessary for office management
Ability to handle confidential information
Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
Attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with overlapping timeframes and deadlines
Ability to use and learn new software products
Ability to abide by confidentiality protocols.
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light item, such as papers, books, or small parts, or driving and automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
High School Diploma or GED and at least 1 year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Associate degree and or 3 years of related experience.
Hiring Salary range is $18,720 - $31,200.00
LMS Tax &Insurance Solutions provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time and part-time positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from LMS T&I, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
If the position was full time or part time
If the position was paid or unpaid
Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the LMS Tax & Insurance Solutions job description should be included in the resume submitted.
HOW TO APPLY
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, mail, or hand delivered.
Email LMSCareers@lmsgrouptx.com for serious inquiries only along with a resume. The email should contain your First name, Last name, Telephone number, Email address, and job id number which is listed on the top of the Job description form.
Once received within, 12-48 hours you will receive an online application for the position you are applying for. If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.